Scrollbars on GTK.

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Scrollbars on GTK.
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 23:14:58 +0100

My emacs is

GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9) of
2008-10-23 on qcore

The vertical scrollbar is a poor indication of the view position on the
buffer. For instance, I'm looking at a buffer that shows all the text
except for the last two lines; the thumb's height covers less than half
the space occupied by the scroll bar and it is on the highest
position. If I move the point to the end of the buffer, the thumb moves
a bit down but still it's lower end is mid way to the bottom of the
scrollbar.

In MS Windows, the thumb size and position on a scrollbar gives a much
more accurate idea of the text length and the point's position within
the buffer.

--
Oscar