Re: emacsclient unsuspend error (using -daemon)

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: emacsclient unsuspend error (using -daemon)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 14:31:29 -0800 (PST)

"Marc-André Lureau" <address@hidden> writes:

  > Hi
  >
  > On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 4:34 PM, Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> wrote:
  > > "Marc-André Lureau" <address@hidden> writes:
  > > >
  > >  > [1]+  Stopped                 emacsclient -t
  > >  > address@hidden ~$ fg
  > >  > emacsclient -t .emacs
  > >  > *ERROR*: Invalid terminal device
  > >
  > > You did not say how old your version of emacs was, and what OS version
  > > and machine you tried this on.  The best would be to try with CVS HEAD.
  > >

  > Oups, sorry:
  > GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1, compiled yesterday (from git clone)

OS?

  > > Also please post a description step by step of what you do to get this
  > > behavior, starting with:
  > > emacs -Q --daemon
  >
  > address@hidden ~/git/emacs (master)$ emacs-snapshot -Q -daemon

Are you sure that this "emacs-snapshot" that you are running here is the
same as the one you compiled yesterday?
By default emacs does not create anything called emacs-snapshot...

  > ("emacs-snapshot" "-Q")
  > For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
  > address@hidden ~/git/emacs (master)$ emacsclient -t

Please run emacsclient from lib-src/emacsclient to make sure the correct
version is used.

  > [1]+  Stopped                 emacsclient -t
  > address@hidden ~/git/emacs (master)$ fg
  > emacsclient -t
  > *ERROR*: Invalid terminal device

What terminal emulator are you using?  Can you try to attach with gdb to
emacsclient and see where the error is coming from?

I can't reproduce this here, and more I suspend/resume emacsclient many
times a day...