Re: Crashes on draw_glyphs

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Crashes on draw_glyphs
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 18:24:13 +0100

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 18:06, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is it only the composition glyph part of the 2008-04-09 change to
> w32term.c that causes the crash?  For instance, what happens if you
> comment out the "else if (s->cmp) ..." part in
> w32_compute_glyph_string_overhangs?

It still fails.

But, truth be told, the description in #879 is outdated and I no
longer believe Jason's changes are responsible for the bug (bisecting
to find the first commit where it appears is hard because in many
cases a bootstrap is needed after the checkout).

My gut feeling, because of temporal correlation, is that the whole
problem is somehow related to this change:

2008-08-29  Kenichi Handa  <address@hidden>

        These changes are to re-implement the automatic composition so
        that it doesn't use text properties.

But I could be wrong (again).

  Juanma