Re: Please add a "Guided Tour" menu command

From: Jason Spiro
Subject: Re: Please add a "Guided Tour" menu command
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 21:34:11 +0000 (UTC)

Eli Zaretskii <eliz <at> gnu.org> wrote:

> Then perhaps we should have a second tutorial, which describes what
> the tour does.

If you mean we should have a second version of the tour without images, then I
respectfully disagree.  The tour is good as-is.  It would be much worse without
the screenshots that are in it.

Also, if you mean we should make a second document called a "tutorial" with the
same content of the tour, then I also disagree.  The reason the tour is called a
"tour" is because it is more of a whirlwind tour of Emacs' modes than a tutorial
on how to use each mode.  It would be confusing to have two tutorials.

I am not 100% sure but I suspect the tour covers everything the tutorial covers,
plus more.  I think the tutorial should be removed from Emacs, and replaced with
the tour.