Re: etc/schema

From: Vinicius Jose Latorre
Subject: Re: etc/schema
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 20:35:56 -0200

Lennart Borgman wrote:
On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 9:45 PM, Richard M. Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
These files have no copyright notices and no license notices.  It
appears they are not free software.  Unless they were released
elsehere with free software licenses, we must remove them now.

We could try to find out who has the copyright and ask them
to release these properly as free software.  If that succeeds,
we could restore them.

All of them came with nXml as far as I know. Should not the copyright
for nXml cover these files too?

Some of these files have this copyright notice:

# File dbhierx.mod .....................................................

# Copyright 1992-2002 HaL Computer Systems, Inc.,
# O'Reilly & Associates, Inc., ArborText, Inc., Fujitsu Software
# Corporation, Norman Walsh, Sun Microsystems, Inc., and the
# Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information
# Standards (OASIS).
#
# $Id$
#
# Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute the DocBook DTD
# and its accompanying documentation for any purpose and without fee
# is hereby granted in perpetuity, provided that the above copyright
# notice and this paragraph appear in all copies.  The copyright
# holders make no representation about the suitability of the DTD for
# any purpose.  It is provided "as is" without expressed or implied
# warranty.
#
# If you modify the DocBook DTD in any way, except for declaring and
# referencing additional sets of general entities and declaring
# additional notations, label your DTD as a variant of DocBook.  See
# the maintenance documentation for more information.
#
# Please direct all questions, bug reports, or suggestions for
# changes to the address@hidden mailing list. For more
# information, see http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/.

How does nxml mode use them?

They are used for validation of XML documents and completion during editing.