Re: url: url-basepath

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: url: url-basepath
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 07:31:59 -0500

    > This function disappeared from the emacs 23 version of url at some
    > point.  It's used by W3, I'd like to see this function restored if
    > possible.

    It was renamed to url-file-directory.  I checked in a change aliasing
    url-basepath to url-file-directory, so it should work now.

W3 should use the new name, and set up an alias to the old name if
necessary.  That way, we can delete this alias in a couple of years.
And the alias should have a comment reminding us to do this.