Re: size of emacs executable after unicode merge

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: size of emacs executable after unicode merge
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 22:29:44 +0900

Richard M. Stallman writes:

 > The dumper also needs to dump the non-Lisp memory blocks that
 > Emacs allocates.  They are scattered among the memory blocks that
 > contain Lisp objects, and they can't be relocated in this way.

Maybe not at present in Emacs, but as far as I know those blocks *are*
relocated by XEmacs's portable dumper.  The people to ask are Olivier
Galibert (address@hidden) and Marcus Crestani
(address@hidden).  Ben Wing and Kyle Jones also have done a lot
of work related to the portable dumper in XEmacs, but they've been
inactive for years.