.dir-settings.el and emacs daemon daemon mode

From: Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò
Subject: .dir-settings.el and emacs daemon daemon mode
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 09:34:55 +0100

Hi,

I've been in need of using the per-directory local variables through
.dir-settings.el lately, and I noticed one thing: since the code does
not currently check the mtime of the file when opening new files, it
keeps it cached for the whole emacs session. This is not so bad when you
have fire and forget emacs instances, but it gets quite annoying with
emacs in daemon mode.

It would be nice if the mtime of the file was checked every time a new
file is opened in that directory structure so that it's possible to edit
and apply the settings.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/