RE: move to fail position in Isearch edit

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: move to fail position in Isearch edit
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:02:43 -0800

> > Isn't it more convenient to type a new key to immediately remove the
> > failed part without entering the minibuffer for editing?
>
> I agree. If it then allows you to continue typing more chars
> to search for.

That's just what `C-g' does today. It removes the failed (mismatch) portion and
lets you continue to search. And that includes letting you type more characters
at the end of the search string. Nothing new there.

What I proposed is not about that - it's about editing chars in the middle of
the search string, keeping some or all of the chars that failed to match. See
the example I gave.