Re: files.el: Patch to make project-settings optional/customizable

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: files.el: Patch to make project-settings optional/customizable
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:00:08 -0700

>>>>> "Juanma" == Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> writes:

Juanma> As a first datapoint, ".dir-settings.el" is ugly as hell to my eyes. I
Juanma> wouldn't dream of having Emacs-specific files in a source tree and not
Juanma> naming them ".emacs-WHATEVER".

RMS specifically asked that "emacs" not appear in the name.
He thought it was redundant given the ".el" extension, which, as I
recall, he asked for.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-09/msg00667.html

Tom