Re: files.el: Patch to make project-settings optional/customizable

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: files.el: Patch to make project-settings optional/customizable
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:23:02 -0700

>>>>> "Chong" == Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

Chong> People who care enough about changing the default presumably
Chong> know what they are doing (presumably, they want to have a
Chong> different file name for some reasons of their own, and this
Chong> change lets them do that without redefining the functions).

The issue is that some project will check in files with the "wrong"
name.

Then we are back in the same situation.  If you want emacs to "just
work" across projects, you must write special code in your .emacs to
recognize different settings in different directories.

IOW, then we have the same problem we started out to solve.

Tom