Re: emacsclient's option decoding code

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacsclient's option decoding code
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 00:30:31 +0200

> From: address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:27:43 -0700
>
> My point is that trying to decide on a reasonable situation to fall back
> to depends on both the client's environment and the server's
> environment, so trying to be too smart about it on either one is
> dangerous.

Your point is well taken, but _my_ point is that trying to be smart on
the client's side is more dangerous than on the server's side, because
the server at least knows what it can and cannot do.  For example, we
could easily code it _not_ to try the default display if the client's
connection is from another machine (a.k.a ``miles away'').  Puff!
problem gone.