Re: Changes to emacs/doc/emacs/building.texi,v

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Changes to emacs/doc/emacs/building.texi,v
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 23:25:52 -0500

>   If non-nil, automatically jump to the first error after `compile'.
> A better variant would be:
>   If non-nil, automatically jump to the first error during `compile'.

I'm not convinced: `compile' runs the command asynchronously, so the
jump is definitely done *after* compile, strictly speaking.  Maybe it
should just not say `compile', especially since it's also used in
circumstances where `compile' is not involved (e.g. sml-compile which
passes the compilation request to an inferior process running in
a comint buffer).

So, I'd prefer "during compilation" rather than "during `compile'".

        Stefan