Re: isearch and M-y/C-y

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: isearch and M-y/C-y
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 23:59:57 +0100

   >    > Can we please make it so that C-y yanks text in isearch
   >    > (when doing C-s), and M-y can do whatever C-y is doing
   >    > now...
   >    >
   >    > The current default is not very friendly, and not really
   >    > what you'd exepct C-y to do..
   >
   >    I'm afraid we can't change old traditional isearch
   >    keybindings.  What we can do is to create a new isearch
   >    submode with better keybindings.
   >
   > Why not?  Just because they are old does not mean that they are
   > set in stone, we have done such changes before as well.

   Given that we rebind C-y to yank text in isearch
   (`isearch-yank-kill'), can you find a good keybinding for
   `isearch-yank-line' that is currently on `C-y'?  (It would be good
   to reserve `M-y' for a new command `isearch-yank-pop' by analogy
   with `M-y' `yank-pop').

What about C-M-y?

It would be nice if C-u C-y and C-u N C-y behaved the same as yank