Re: isearch and M-y/C-y

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: isearch and M-y/C-y
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 16:21:11 +0100

   > Can we please make it so that C-y yanks text in isearch (when doing
   > C-s), and M-y can do whatever C-y is doing now...
   >
   > The current default is not very friendly, and not really what you'd
   > exepct C-y to do..

   Here's an opinion from a user: I think it would be really good if C-y
   (yank) and M-y (yank-pop) were available in isearch minibuffer. They are
   intuitive: user very likely already knows how copy and paste works so
   (s)he might try those commands anyway.

   The current behavior of C-y, C-M-y, C-w and C-M-w in isearch minibuffer
   are kind of special cases of yanking. In some cases they are faster and
   more handy but general yank and yank-pop feel like the primary
   instruments that should be available.

I wasn't suggesting that we remvoe the current behaviour, only make
C-y/M-y behave as they usually do, and rebind isearch-yank-line to
something else.