Re: isearch and M-y/C-y

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Re: isearch and M-y/C-y
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 15:36:42 +0200

Alfred M. Szmidt (2008-11-16 16:31 +0100) wrote:

> Can we please make it so that C-y yanks text in isearch (when doing
> C-s), and M-y can do whatever C-y is doing now...
>
> The current default is not very friendly, and not really what you'd
> exepct C-y to do..

Here's an opinion from a user: I think it would be really good if C-y
(yank) and M-y (yank-pop) were available in isearch minibuffer. They are
intuitive: user very likely already knows how copy and paste works so
(s)he might try those commands anyway.

The current behavior of C-y, C-M-y, C-w and C-M-w in isearch minibuffer
are kind of special cases of yanking. In some cases they are faster and
more handy but general yank and yank-pop feel like the primary
instruments that should be available.