Re: goto-line documentation update.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: goto-line documentation update.
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 21:09:54 +0200

> From: Lute Kamstra <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 07:01:04 +0100
>
> I've updated the documentation of goto-line in the lisp manual.

Thanks.

> Any objections?

No, but some comments.

> ! encounters the end of the accessible portion but not the real end of
                                               ^^^
A comma is missing here (yes, I know: it was missing in the original
text as well).

> ! uses @var{buffer} instead of the current buffer and and displays it in

Two "and"s.

> ! another window if it was not already visible.
                  ^
I think we need a comma here.

>   In an interactive call, @var{line} is the numeric prefix argument if
> ! you provide one.  Otherwise @var{line} is read in the minibuffer.  If
                               ^
and here.  Also "read from the minibuffer" is better, I think.

> ! there is a number in the buffer at point, it is the default for
> ! @var{line}.  If you just provide the universal argument,
> ! @code{goto-line} uses the most recently selected buffer other than the
> ! current buffer and reads @var{line} in the minibuffer.

Do we need such a detailed description of the interactive invocation
in the ELisp manual?  I think these details belong in the Emacs
manual, not here.