Re: Reviewing changes

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Reviewing changes
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 01:37:25 -0500

> Karl Fogel writes:
>  > Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>  > >
>  > > ChangeLog changes arriving separately is just a particular case of a
>  > > more general phenomenon: that each file's changes arrive separately,
>  > > even if they all belong to the same changeset.  CVS simply doesn't
>  > > support anything else.
>
> "CVS simply", no, but "CVS complicatedly", yes.
>
>  > I thought log-accum.pl was the answer to this, in CVS-land?
>
> I guess you would think that ;-), but apparently this is now a "lie":
>
>     # (Ask Karl Fogel <address@hidden> if questions.)
>                                         -- from CVSROOT/log_accum, l.29

Er, heh.  Um.  Many facts have passed through my brain over the last
decade and a half; some of them left deeper traces than others :-).

> Cracked me up.  Anyway, I don't know offhand what XEmacs uses, looks
> like it is log_accum.  If Emacs decides to do something, ping me and
> I'll investigate our configuration.

I'm not sure how "Emacs" decides to do things, but I'm very much in
favor of having our commits produce emails that are more useful, and it
sounds like I'm not alone.  Please investigate -- let's see if we can
make it happen here!

-Karl