Re: Reviewing changes

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Reviewing changes
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 22:19:33 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:30:25 -0500

> >> Of course.  Would that be a problem?
> > It makes the whole review process unreliable and inefficient.
>
> I don't follow you.

I really don't understand why.  It's not like we are inventing some
new practices here.  Code reviews are used in almost any organization
that develops software.  Books are written on how to do that, and none
of those I've read recommend what is being suggested here as "good,
though not perfect".

IMO, if we cannot do it well, it isn't worth doing.

> We already have code reviews, just rarely so.

No, we don't.  What we have is random (and very rare) comments, and no
mechanism to resolve disagreements when they happen.