Re: isearch and M-y/C-y

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: isearch and M-y/C-y
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 09:50:04 +0900

Eric Schulte writes:

 > Second, the remapping of C-y in isearch has bothered me as well

Good luck getting a change past Richard on that basis, though.  Votes
and vague botherings don't help in persuading him, arguments based on
specific changes and the costs and benefits of those changes do.
These arguments need to take account of Richard's concerns about his
own usage patterns, which are possibly idiosyncratic, but mostly are
just highly efficient and often adopted by others (who don't need to
speak up if Richard does, so are hard to count).

Note that you probably have to explain away or justify the "collateral
damage" to the keymap (ie, grabbing keystrokes that are useful
shortcuts as "exit-isearch-and-do-something"), which both Richard and
Andreas have expressed concern about.

Taken altogether, this is a pretty high barrier.

(N.B. I have no opinion on the keystrokes in question.)