Re: error in server-running-p on M$

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: error in server-running-p on M$
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 14:00:16 +0100

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 13:51, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't see any practical conclusions reached in that thread.  Am I
> missing something?

No. As it happens in many other discussions, there was no practical
conclusion reached.

> How about if we fix server-running-p now, to DTRT for TCP sockets?

Someone would have to answer my question, which is: what is the stated
purpose of `server-running-p'?

The changes I proposed would allow simple detection of running TCP
servers on the same machine (without using net services, which could
cause delays), as long as they are using the same configuration
(specifically, server-name). Do we want to do something about

  emacs --eval "(progn (setq server-name \"one\") (server-mode 1))"
  emacs --eval "(progn (setq server-name \"two\") (server-mode 1))"

?

  Juanma