Re: C-x C-b and C-x C-f bugging about confirmation

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: C-x C-b and C-x C-f bugging about confirmation
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 01:12:22 +0900

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:
> After a tab, how about prompting only when an incomplete completion has
> just been <ret>ted?

Whatever the outcome of the current little spat, I think this is a
clever idea, and it would be a good option to provide (maybe in addition
to the "full confirmation" option).

I think something like 95% of the incorrect buffer names I enter are due
to exactly this case:  TAB resulting in an incomplete completion,
followed by me hitting RET too quickly.  This actually happens to me
quite often.  I'll get used to a particular completion "always" working,
and then at some point a new buffer will cause that assumption to become
invalid.

-Miles

--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
  Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.