Re: error in server-running-p on M$

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: error in server-running-p on M$
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 09:26:09 +0530

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 3:17 AM, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 17:52, Ulrich Mueller <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> If you assume that the user's home directory is NFS mounted, then this
>> is the normal case.
>
> It would be the normal case that the user, on the local machine, would
> have the home directory in a NFS server, and at the same time, there
> would be an Emacs on the NFS server using an authentication file on
> the user's home directory? (That's the case you mentioned before, if I
> understand it correctly.) If that really happens, that should be fixed
> at another level...

How about storing the machine IP address and the port in the file for
each successful emacs server instance. The file name itself can be
machine IP DOT port. This will handle the case of NFS mounted home
folders.
Another option, how about having a user defined fixed port for running
emacs server. This might lead to a DOS attack but the port is defined
by the user and hence not something that can be guessed easily.

-dhruva

--
Contents reflect my personal views only!