Re: C-x C-b and C-x C-f bugging about confirmation

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: C-x C-b and C-x C-f bugging about confirmation
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 23:44:27 -0500

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> First try it for a month with an open mind.  Your reaction is
> out of proportion of the actual impact of this change.

I think everyone agrees that it's a useful feature.  There are lots of
features that I personally use, which are not enabled by default for
various good reasons.  Similarly, people have pointed out good reasons
not to make this particular feature the default (usage patterns for
which it badly non-optimal, keyboard macros, Tramp,...).