Re: Leading * in docstrings of defcustoms.

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Leading * in docstrings of defcustoms.
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 02:52:32 -0500

"Juanma Barranquero" wrote:

> It should be OK for packages that are not independently maintained
> outside of Emacs (like org, tramp, etc.).

I was going to say, why should that make a difference - they must all
have come up with ways to do "automatic" syncs by now, or gone crazy.
But in light of recent events, maybe not! :)

> But such a large scale change is likely to piss off people with many
> local changes in their workspaces.

Only if it causes conflicts. I doubt there are many people with lots
of uncommitted changes to doc-strings (or close by).

I'd like to see the "*"s removed. And if it were done when 'tis done,
then 'twere well it were done quickly...