Re: Leading * in docstrings of defcustoms.

From: Lute Kamstra
Subject: Re: Leading * in docstrings of defcustoms.
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 06:50:05 +0100

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> "Juanma Barranquero" wrote:
>
>> It should be OK for packages that are not independently maintained
>> outside of Emacs (like org, tramp, etc.).
>
> I was going to say, why should that make a difference - they must all
> have come up with ways to do "automatic" syncs by now, or gone crazy.
> But in light of recent events, maybe not! :)

(Unfortunately, I don't read emacs-devel actively enough to know what
recent events you are referring to to.)

Is there a list of lisp files that are maintained outside of Emacs?  If
not, could someone compile it and put it in admin/?

>> But such a large scale change is likely to piss off people with many
>> local changes in their workspaces.
>
> Only if it causes conflicts. I doubt there are many people with lots
> of uncommitted changes to doc-strings (or close by).
>
> I'd like to see the "*"s removed. And if it were done when 'tis done,
> then 'twere well it were done quickly...

I think any merge conflict involving a removed * is easily resolved by
hand.

  Lute.