Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/bookmark.el,v

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/bookmark.el,v
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 23:07:20 +0200

> Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 17:25:32 +0100
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
>  >     2008-10-11  Romain Francoise  <address@hidden>
>  >
>  >        * help.el (view-lossage): Fix docstring, lossage is now 300 keys.
>  >        * kmacro.el (kmacro-edit-lossage): Ditto.
>  >        * edmacro.el (edit-kbd-macro): Ditto.
>
> I didn't know you cared about ChangeLog buffers

I don't.  I care about VC logs (in the context of this discussion).
The problem is, people who commit several files at once tend to simply
copy the ChangeLog entries verbatim, complete with the TABs and date
lines, as CVS log entries for their commits.  Please try "cvs log
lisp/org/org.el", and you will see what I mean.

> My patch was intended for Log-View mode.

And that is the only thing I care about here.  We are on the same
page, I just have a bit more gray hair ;-)

> Anyway, the idea is to show only entries related to the current file,
> that is in the above example, just show
>
> 2008-10-11  Romain Francoise  <address@hidden>
>
>       * kmacro.el (kmacro-edit-lossage): Fix docstring, lossage is now 300
> keys.

Yes, that's what I want.  I hope you won't find this too hard to
implement, what with all the possible variations of this ``style'' of
log entries.

> I'll send you a better patch (for ChangeLog buffers too) as soon as I
> satisfactorily solved things like the "Ditto" (and "Likewise") issue.

Thanks.