Re: size of emacs executable after unicode merge

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: size of emacs executable after unicode merge
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 14:43:04 -0500

    If one finds a reason of .5 meg eating, it may require just
    a few hours to fix it.  But, to find that reason, I expect
    one has to spend many hours.  At least, I've already spent
    many hours, and have no idea how many more hours to take to
    find one big reason (or to decide there's not such thing).

It is impossible to predetermine an answer to that.
I think it is worth a few hours to LOOK for a single cause
that has eaten much space.