[bugfixed] message-idna-to-ascii-rhs

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: [bugfixed] message-idna-to-ascii-rhs
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 11:32:59 +0900

Cc: emacs-devel

Hi,

When I send a message in which there is the Cc: line in the
beginning of the body like this, I got the following error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument char-or-string-p nil)
  message-idna-to-ascii-rhs-1("Cc")
  message-idna-to-ascii-rhs()
  message-generate-headers((From Subject Date (optional . In-Reply-To)...)
  message-send-mail(nil)
  message-send(nil)
  message-send-and-exit(nil)
  call-interactively(message-send-and-exit nil nil)

(In my case, `message-use-idna' is t.)

It was because the `message-idna-to-ascii-rhs' function failed
in narrowing the message buffer to the headers.  In that case
there is the "--text follows this line--" line, so the function
should not use `message-narrow-to-head' that recognizes only the
first empty line as the message header separator.  The same error
will happen if there is a recipient address that doesn't have a
domain part (i.e. a local user) in the header.  Moreover, it is
bad that lines looking like headers containing non-ASCII domain
names in the message body are encoded.

I've replaced it with `message-narrow-to-headers-or-head' in both
the Gnus trunk and the Emacs trunk.

Regards,