Re: Interesting combining character issue

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Interesting combining character issue
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 21:45:21 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, James Cloos <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Further testing shows that the bug seems to happen only when using
>>> DejaVu Sans Mono.  I could not reporoduce it with any other font.

Kenichi> I still can't reproduce it even with DejaVu Sans Mono.
Kenichi> Please send me your DejaVu Sans Mono font file.

> Sent directly.  It was generated from deja's svn trunk using a recent
> version of fontforge from cvs.

I installed that version, but still can't reproduce the
bug.  You wrote:

> The combining sequences do not show up for me until I move the point
> through them.  After that, the rest of that line is displayed a la the
> cursor.  (Purple background and white foreground in my case.)

How is the sequence displayed before you move point to them?

What is shown when you move point on the first cahracter of
that sequence (U+ 04E8) and type C-u C-x =?

I don't understand how this looks like: "the rest of that
line is displayed a la the cursor".  Please send me the
image?

And please send me src/config.h.

---
Kenichi Handa