Re: Release update

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Release update
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 13:46:24 -0600

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 14:29:06 -0500 Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:

CY> Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:
>> - Emacs.app on Mac OS X crashes at random times and the error is not
>> logged and can't be debugged.  This needs to be fixed or it's simply
>> not possible to produce a viable environment for real work.

CY> Have you tried running Emacs in a debugger?

Yes, unfortunately it didn't help.

CY> Adrian, have you observed these crashes?  Do you have any idea what
CY> causes them?

I reported the issues to emacs-devel and the Emacs.app mailing list in
<address@hidden>

Adrian replied only to the Emacs.app mailing list with
<address@hidden> and the thread stayed
there.  I can summarize here if it's necessary, although Adrian can
probably do a better job.

Ted