Re: Switching to bzr: what remains to be done?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Switching to bzr: what remains to be done?
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 16:44:57 -0500

> Plese convey to the bzr developers that the "log" command could use some
> improvements:
> 1. it only takes a single file as argument
> 2. bzr log SUBDIR
> does not seem to DTRT, it should show the logs for all things in that
> subdir, instead it seems to show only one entry

There's a long standing Trac ticket for that.  There doesn't seem to be
much interest in fixing it, somehow.  The Trac ticket is
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/211852 and I see that
I misunderstood at that point thinking that "SUBDIR" worked whereas it
indeed doesn't (basically it only gives info about the changes to the
dir itself, i.e. when it was created and maybe when it was moved or when
its access rights were changed).
I'm pretty sure I saw a bug report about that at some point but can't
find it now.  Feel free to look for it and add your voice to it, or file
a new one.

> Also the headers for "diff" should show the versions, if you do a C-x v =
> for 2 random versions, then save that buffer, there's no way to see what
> versions the diff came from.  IMHO this is crucial to have.

The corresponding Trac ticket is https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/130588.
Making noise there can't hurt.

        Stefan