Re: Bugs against emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Bugs against emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 18:33:30 -0500

Don Armstrong wrote:

> Haven't looked at any of those, sorry.

If that means "haven't had time", that's OK. If it means "haven't seen
them", there's a problem, since you are registered as maintainer of
that package (?).

> [Basically, we'll send everything to one list, and then fork out the
> messages that only should go to bug-gnu-emacs to it, and vice versa
> for the control messages.

Presumably this means debbugs can't (easily) be changed internally to DTRT.

Couldn't you just use address@hidden to receive all
debbugs output, then use procmail to send them on to bug-gnu-emacs or
emacs-bug-tracker? (Probably depends on the details of the forwarding
of bug-gnu-emacs to donarmstrong.com in the first place, of which I am
ignorant.)

> and 897.)
>
> This would require serious tracking of message-ids, which is kind of a PITA.

So my simple suggestion does not work?

  If emacsbugs sees that bug-gnu-emacs or emacs-pretest-bug is already
  Cc'd on a reply to bug, it should avoid sending out another copy to
  the list. Ie, it treats it as a "quiet" submission only to be entered
  in the tracker.

(Again, I suppose it might depend on how that forwarding works.)

And #430 (which you said was doable) might help a bit.