Re: Bugs against emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Bugs against emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 15:53:24 -0500

Don Armstrong wrote:

> No, the error is in the use of reply-to-all which include To: in
> addition to addresses listed in Reply-To:. The only way to work around
> these sorts of idiocies is to totally strip the To: header entirely,
> which is fundamentally broken.

It's not fair to call people idiotic for following what is the correct
behaviour on all other Emacs lists, and what used to be the correct
behaviour on the bug list too. There is no doubt in my mind that the
system needs to be changed to adapt to the way people work, not vice
versa. But this has all been said before, so it seems unproductive to
keep restating the same positions.

BTW, since the tracker was upgraded yesterday, it seems to have fallen
silent (I have had no response to commands issued yesterday).