Re: Emacs daemon dies at Xorg crash

From: Ulrich Mueller
Subject: Re: Emacs daemon dies at Xorg crash
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:10:30 +0100

> Why on earth when Xorg dies, my emacs daemon dies as well? Isn't it
> the point of using the daemon to NOT die when X dies and preserve
> the workspace between X restarts?

[CCing emacs-devel list]

AFAICS Emacs only dies if there's no other connection open. I've
tested it with another client open on a tty, and Emacs survived.

The last thing it outputs is "Connection lost to X server `:0.0'", so
it passes through x_io_error_quitter, which in turn will call
x_connection_closed.

In x_connection_closed there are two tests for the last terminal,
where shut_down_emacs is called. Probably this should be modified for
the daemon case?

Ulrich