Re: Conflict about M-s

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: Conflict about M-s
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 13:03:40 -0500

    It should be easy to write an isearch wrapper around `rmail-search'
    (exactly as is already implemented in `Info-isearch-search' that wraps
    `Info-search').  This will allow incremental searching with `C-s',
    `C-M-s', `C-r', `C-M-r' in Rmail messages.

Hold on -- I am not sure that is a good idea.

It is useful that M-s foo RET will only find another message
and will not find matches in the current message.  It is useful
that repeating it with M-s RET finds a different message each time.

Perhaps the thing to do is to move it onto the sequence M-s M-s.

By the way, I think there are other modes which bind M-s.
Did someone check for them?