max-specpdl-size mysterium with nXhtml

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: max-specpdl-size mysterium with nXhtml
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 23:26:45 +0100

I have got a bug report that I do not understand at all and would
appreciate any help and thoughts. Chris, a user, gets an error when he
opens a file with nXhtml in Emacs. The error is

  Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size

This happens during fontification with MuMaMo. I have not been able to
reproduce this problem myself, but another user, ecce, has seen the
same problem. It disappeared however when he upgraded. (I have asked
ecce to test the file Chris have problems with too.)

I do not have any idea about what is going on. Chris has tried to
raise max-specpdl-size to 100 000 but that did not help.