Re: Release update

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: Release update
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 06:59:30 -0500

Reading the manuals checking for errors is a standard part of making a
major release.  It is very important.  It should be done after
all the new features have been written up for the manual.

Usually we ask people to divide up this job, file by file.
I will try to do some of it.

I am sorry if this disappoints some people who hoped for an Emacs 23 release
very soon.  But I think that hope was unrealistic.  An Emacs major release
is a big job, which is part of the reason for not doing it so often.