Re: defalias chmod for set-file-modes ?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: defalias chmod for set-file-modes ?
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 17:15:16 +0900

>  > It might be nice to have a few other command such aliases, e.g., mkdir
>  > => make-directory.
>
> Commands are functions, and people will start using these aliases in
> programs because they're used to using them from Unix shells and
> they're shorter.  Is that desirable?

Dunno; doesn't seem like a big deal to me.  I don't mind, anyway.

> and use of completion to save on typing?

Well, I don't suggest it randomly, or from a misplaced sense of
completeness, but because for whatever reason (although I've certainly
used this command often enough), I always seem to try typing "M-x mkdir"
(or "mk TAB") first, and then when it doesn't work, remember, "oh yeah,
it's make-directory... grumble".

-Miles

--
Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced.