CR character insertion with M-x compile

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: CR character insertion with M-x compile
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 22:28:16 +0100

Dear all,

I am using emacs version :

GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.0.2195) of 2008-12-23

under windows 2000, which I compiled from CVS source (note that the CVS
source I used actually date back from October 2008, the compile time is
more recent only because I re-build with Xpm to have coloured icons).

I recently compiled a texi file (semantic.texi) by typing

M-x compile

and then

makeinfo semantic.texi -o semantic.info

as a compile command line.

If I do this with this Emacs version 23.xxx, then CR characters are
added to the .info output (which mean that Emacs added them to the
input, as they are not present in the file semantic.texi, and that
texinfo does not support CRLF but only LF), whereas when I do this with
Emacs 22.xxx there is no such issue.

Eric M. Ludflam (from semantic email list) told
me that Eli wrote to him that there was such a bug with Emacs 23. I
would like to confirm whether this is this bug, or something else.

Best regards,
Vincent.

Souhaitez vous  « être au bureau sans y être » ? Oui je le veux !