Re: Node "Directory Variables" in the Emacs manual

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Node "Directory Variables" in the Emacs manual
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 22:27:46 +0200

> This node uses the term "project", but never explains what that means
> in the context of this section.  Since this terminology is not widely
> used in Emacs documentation, I think this word should be either
> replaced by something else or explained right there in that section.

I think it is justified using the word "project" as an example of
possible application of directory-local variables.  So a sentence like

  This example shows some settings for a hypothetical project.

seems ok.  But perhaps other occurrences of the term "project" should
be removed.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/