Re: CR character insertion with M-x compile

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: CR character insertion with M-x compile
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 22:20:52 +0100

Sorry for the disturbance. Please ignore my previous message. Finally I
realized that my build of makeinfo is the one adding the CR into the
output. I will try to sort this out with Karl.

Best regards,
Vincent.

Vincent Belaïche a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> I am using emacs version :
>
> GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.0.2195) of 2008-12-23
>
> under windows 2000, which I compiled from CVS source (note that the
> CVS source I used actually date back from October 2008, the compile
> time is more recent only because I re-build with Xpm to have coloured
> icons).
>
> I recently compiled a texi file (semantic.texi) by typing
>
> M-x compile
>
> and then
>
> makeinfo semantic.texi -o semantic.info
>
> as a compile command line.
>
> If I do this with this Emacs version 23.xxx, then CR characters are
> added to the .info output (which mean that Emacs added them to the
> input, as they are not present in the file semantic.texi, and that
> texinfo does not support CRLF but only LF), whereas when I do this
> with Emacs 22.xxx there is no such issue.
>
> Eric M. Ludflam (from semantic email list)
> told me that Eli wrote to him that there was such a bug with Emacs 23.
> I would like to confirm whether this is this bug, or something else.
>
> Best regards,
> Vincent.

Votre correspondant a choisi Hotmail et profite d'un stockage quasiment illimité. Créez un compte Hotmail gratuitement !