Re: Terminology in multi-tty primitives

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Terminology in multi-tty primitives
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 21:33:29 +0200

> From: Richard M Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
> Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:29:09 -0500
>
>     +  Emacs represents each terminal on which it displays frames as a
>     +special @dfn{terminal object} data type, see @ref{Terminal Type}.  The
>     +terminal object has a unique integer identifier and the following
>     +attributes:
>
> The terminal does have a unique integer identifier, but is this useful
> to mention here?  Do users ever use it?

I don't know yet.  It is printed as part of the printed representation
of the terminal object, but other than that, it's hard to know what is
it for.  It's quite possible that even the corresponding member of
struct terminal is unused.  If I won't find any use for it, I will
delete any references to it.  For now, I'm still trying to find my way
back home...