Re: Possible to show tooltip at (point) ????

From: Kevin Burton
Subject: Re: Possible to show tooltip at (point) ????
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 18:05:29 -0800

Yes..... this DOES work but for a window that's not split.... as soon as you split the window the coord is for the first window (not the second).

I guess I could look at the current window configuration and double the current Y if the window is split in half....

Kind of hacky but could work for a proof of concept.

Kevin

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 9:31 AM, Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Kevin Burton <address@hidden> wrote:
> In the predictive package?
> I think one just needs to compute the left-margin width.

Here is what I have. There is indeed a problem with the left margin.
What change do you propose?

(defun point-to-coord (point)
 "Return coordinates of POINT in selected window.
The coordinates are in the form \(\(XOFFSET YOFFSET) WINDOW).
This form is suitable for `popup-menu'."
 ;; Fix-me: showtip.el adds (window-inside-pixel-edges
 ;; (selected-window)). Why?
 (let* ((pn (posn-at-point point))
        (x-y (posn-x-y pn))
        (x (car x-y))
        (y (cdr x-y))
        (pos (list (list x (+ y 20)) (selected-window))))
   pos))

--
Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: San Francisco, CA