Proced's display/handling of process trees: request for feedback

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Proced's display/handling of process trees: request for feedback
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 07:33:08 +0100

 Sun Dec 28 2008 Roland Winkler wrote:
On Mon Sep 8 2008 Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
> - And one wishlist item: it would be great to have a tree view of the
>   processes, like "pstree" does.

Request for feedback for Proced's display and handling of process trees:

I played with a `*Proced Tree*' buffer and found it a bit confusing
to have two separate buffers. Also, I found it complicated to ensure
that this buffer is synchronized with the corresponding *Proced*
buffer. So instead I've added a tree column that can be toggled
(toggling is bound to T). Is the current approach useful?

Is the format of the tree column in the process listing clear?

Currently, there are two commands to operate on processes based on
the tree structure, proced-mark-parents and proced-mark-children
bound to P and C. Would it be useful to have more commands?

Any comments and suggestions for improvements are appreciated.

Roland