Fwd: Fullscreen support for Cocoa

From: Will Farrington
Subject: Fwd: Fullscreen support for Cocoa
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 14:39:01 -0500

Forgot to CC emacs-devel.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Will Farrington <address@hidden>
Date: December 29, 2008 2:26:43 PM EST
To: David Reitter <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Fullscreen support for Cocoa

On Dec 29, 2008, at 1:53 PM, David Reitter wrote:

On 29 Dec 2008, at 12:59, Will Farrington wrote:

Quicktime support fullscreen, and afaik, it's written in Cocoa.

While this page discusses doing fullscreen in the context of a game, it demonstrates Cocoa is capable of doing fullscreen: http://cocoadevcentral.com/articles/000028.php

It's only a matter of someone writing the code to do it in Cocoa, which is not going to be hard at all (given that the latest version of the Carbon patch shows how such a feature best integrates with the surrounding Emacs architecture).

At this point, no-one has come forward to implement this.   It would be a welcome feature - a number of users seem to take an interest in this.

I'd volunteer to do it, but my C, let alone Objective-C, knowledge is severely lacking. If no one else has the time to put towards it I'll certainly at least attempt it though.