Re: Option to customize the -m message flag of cvs?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Option to customize the -m message flag of cvs?
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 00:29:34 +0100

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 21:52, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> What I don't understand is why would someone use CVSNT instead of some
> other Windows port that doesn't have such a problem in -m, and thus
> does not need any changes in VC.

In my experience, as a CVS client on Windows it is more stable, well
integrated and bug free that other implementations I've tried. It also
has nice features, like built-in support for ssh (I mean, you don't
have to install any ssh or PuTTY package, just CVSNT). As a server it
has lots of useful features; there's a list at
http://www.march-hare.com/cvsnt/newfeatures/.

As for the -m "problem", it is recent, and it would be more of a
problem if they had not provided ways to circumvent it; as it is now,
it's a minor inconvenience.

    Juanma