Customization buffer doesn't show up correctly

From: vr . sundar
Subject: Customization buffer doesn't show up correctly
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 13:57:16 -0800

Hi,

I'm using the latest (as of yesterday) cvs trunk Emacs on a Mac (OS X
10.4) and I've been seeing this problem for a while. When I try to
customize a variable the buffer that shows up is empty. But that text
shows up instead in the file that I had opened when I called
customize-variable.

As an example, this last time, I had toggle.el from emacswiki open and
was trying to customize toggle-mapping-style. An empty buffer callled
"Customize Option: Toggle Mapping Style" opened up in a new window in
the bottom half of the frame. In the top window, toggle.el now shows
up as modified with the buttons/text that I expected to see in the
customization window.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I can open a ticket if pointed to the
bug tracking system. If anyone else isn't able to recreate this
easily, I can try to get more information that can help in debugging
this though I need specific steps to try out. I suppose this could
also be caused by something in my setup. The only thing of note that I
can think of is that I have ecb installed and it runs automatically
when I run emacs.

thanks
sundar