Re: Optimized gcc 4.3.0 build on Windows returns 0 secs for all time val

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Optimized gcc 4.3.0 build on Windows returns 0 secs for all time values of system-process-attributes
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 18:56:44 +0200

> Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 17:00:23 +0100
> From: "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 16:33, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > That's a bug in GCC, I'd say: all these variables are in registers, so
> > it probably reuses one of the FP registers incorrectly.
>
> Yes, definitely a compiler bug.

It's probably worth reporting that to the GCC mailing list, and/or
file a bug report with them.

> I suppose it can be made to work by adding additional temporary
> variables, but at this point, I'm not sure it wouldn't be just easier
> and cleaner to switch to 64-bit integer arithmetic.

Please install your change, but please try making the code more
concise and clear, if possible.  For example, you could introduce a
macro or an inline function for this repeated pattern:

> +  tem1.LowPart = ft_kernel.dwLowDateTime;
> +  tem1.HighPart = ft_kernel.dwHighDateTime;
> +  tem1.QuadPart /= 10L;
> +  stime_usec = tem1.QuadPart % 1000000L;
> +  stime_sec = tem1.QuadPart / 1000000L;
>    *stime = ltime (stime_sec, stime_usec);

In addition, please also change the other user of convert_time_raw
similarly to this.