Re: Moving to bzr?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Moving to bzr?
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 15:35:48 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > No, I didn't mean to say that git is slow _for_me_.  I was referring
 > to the git performance numbers by the OP:

OK.  The OP is Dhruva, so I suppose it is indeed on Windows.

I don't think comparison to CVS or Subversion update is relevant,
because in a DVCS a slow pull does not obstruct work (unless you've
seen a feature on emacs-devel that you're just dying to have).  You
just don't bother with it, do your work, commit, pull upstream when
you have time or the network comes back up etc, and merge.  YMMV, but
I think that is the prevailing opinion.